Partner's membership is currently on hold
Konstitucijos pr. 25, Vilnius
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
+370 5 205 4700
President Valdas Jankauskas
The Youth Academy (Jaunimo akademija in Lithuanian) is a non-governmental association of organisations of non-formal education. It unites natural persons and institutions which organise non-formal education for children and youth, contribute to non-formal education policy formation in the Republic of Lithuania.
The association The Youth Academy was registered by the Ministry of Justice of Lithuania in 1996 and until the end of 2005 it was called The Association of Organisers of Leisure Time for Children and Youth of Lithuania. At the beginning the association united 21 members. Today 35 institutions and natural persons from various Lithuanian regions are members and take part in activities of the association.
The main fields of action of the Youth Academy:
- Develop integrated human rights and democracy education through non-formal education.
- Collaborate with the international organisations, facilitate youth workers cooperation on the international level.
- Faciliate the collaboration between children and youth organisations in creation of joint programmes, developing projects.
- Apply Youth Policy objectives which are established by the Council of Europe.
- Organize and take part in international training courses and seminars.
- Consult youth organisations.